Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome to Cross Stitch Confetti!

Hello, and a warm welcome to Cross Stitch Confetti! My name is Donna and I am interested in all things cross stitch. I have been stitching off and on for about 13 years now. Cross stitch truly is a wonderful hobby that provides me with hours of enjoyment and immense satisfaction upon completing a project.

Having said that, over the years I have amassed quite the pile of UFOs. I often lose interest in the current project I am working on and start a new one. Do any of you out there share the same affliction? I'm betting the answer is a resounding "Yes!". So, I have started this blog in an attempt to remedy this "sickness" and provide some accountability by posting regular progress updates on my WIPs.

This blog, however, is not entirely self-serving. I would like to think that after 13 years of pursuing this hobby, I have acquired some knowledge and experience that I can pass along to you. I hope that you too will share your tips and tricks here in the form of comments.

So, what am I working on right now? Well, about this time last year, I started on 'Celtic Summer' by Lavender & Lace. I feel in love with the series and received all of the Celtic ladies (except for 'Celtic Christmas') as a Christmas present in 2007. I had set a goal to have 'Celtic Summer' completed by the end of 2008. That didn't happen. I have now set a new deadline of August 31, 2009. Although I have the majority of the top section stitched, I have not yet started on any of the bead work. Believe it or not, I have never worked on a design that required beads, so this is going to be a learning curve for me. I'll be sure to share my trials and tribulations with you.

Here is a picture of 'Celtic Summer':



Here is my progress on 'Celtic Summer' as of January 4th:


If there is anyone interested in starting a SAL for 'Celtic Summer', please email me and I would be more than happy to get the ball rolling.

Happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog Donna! Your Celtic Summer looks great so far! I look forward to watching your progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there and welcome to Blogland :o) Your Celtic Summer is gorgeous! I run a Celtic Lady SAL blog with about 20 or so members. You're welcome to join if you'd like. The address is http://celticladysal.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to have a look.

    Looking forward to seeing your stitching grow :o)

    ReplyDelete